Posted by The Huron Hub | Sept. 9, 2022
Here is an update on the Huron River Drive construction project. This update was provided from Township Hall.
NOTICE – September 7, 2022
Huron River Drive Construction Phase 2
Phase 2 of the Downtown New Boston Improvement Project is progressing very well.
HRD will be closed from Kass to Violet beginning Friday, September 9, 2022. Springline will begin paving the north lane of HRD from Kass to Violet. We are anticipating paving will begin on Saturday, September 10, 2022. You will not have access to your drives for approximately a week.
The stretch of Huron River Drive from Violet to Waltz will continue to be closed until all of the road paving is completed. It is estimated to take about two weeks.
The northbound lane of Waltz will be closed in order to complete the paving of the east half of the intersection. We anticipate the paving of the intersection will begin on Monday, September 12, 2022.
Tentative Work Schedule Week of September 5:
- Form and pave the north side of HRD from Kass to Violet and the east half of Waltz intersection.
- Finish grading and installing the stone base on the north side of HRD from Violet to Waltz.
- AT&T and Charter completed 90% of the installation of the new underground lines. They are expected to have all of the underground lines installed this week.
Tentative Work Schedule week of September 12:
- DTE will begin installing the underground electrical.
- Complete the paving of the north lane of HRD from Violet to Waltz.
While we apologize for any short-term inconvenience this may cause, we hope you will share our enthusiasm for much needed improvements to our roads in Downtown New Boston. If you have any questions or concerns during the project, please contact the on-site Hennessey Engineers representatives, Adam Kmiecik at (734) 365-3614 or Charles Smith at (734) 365-3553. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.