Posted by The Huron Hub | June 3, 2022
Phase two of the downtown New Boston improvement project is scheduled to begin the week of June 6, 2022, at 7:30 a.m. weather, and equipment permitting.
This rebuild of Huron River Drive consists of the following steps:
Beginning on the east side of the street:
- Complete milling and removal of the asphalt
- Removing the existing pavement on the south side of HRD
- Installing DTE, AT&T and Charter utility conduits
- Installing the storm sewer system
- Installing new traffic signals at the intersection of Waltz and HRD
- Grading the road and installing the stone base
- Pouring the new concrete on the east half of the roadway with a 5-10 day cure period prior to opening to traffic
The same procedure will be followed on the north side of HRD upon completion of the west side. We will be providing progress updates as the construction operations progress.
During construction, no parking will be allowed on Huron River Drive.
Businesses and residents will have access to their drives although there may be times when the drive may be partially blocked for a short period of time.
One-way traffic will be maintained west bound on Waltz Road at most times throughout construction with minimal two-way closures.
Special attention will be given to ensure traffic will remain open to businesses in the area at all times during construction which is scheduled to last through September 2022.
Please note, in order for the contractor to mobilize and setup equipment, the detour may be put in place a couple of days prior to the actual start of construction.