Posted by The Huron Hub | Saturday, Jan. 8, 2022
Southeast Michigan is under a winter weather advisory through 4 a.m. Sunday.
Roadways south of I-94 have a good chance of seeing ice accumulation this evening.
Roads, bridges, sidewalks and walkways could become dangerous this evening.
Here is the full weather advisory from the National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory
for Wayne County
Issued by National Weather Service
10:49 AM EST Sat, Jan 8, 2022
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 AM EST SUNDAY…
- WHAT…Periods of light freezing rain and freezing drizzle expected during the late evening hours, producing a light glaze of ice to less than a tenth of an inch of ice.
- WHERE…Locations along and south of I-69.
- WHEN…From 8 PM this evening to 4 AM EST Sunday.
- IMPACTS…Very slippery sidewalks, roads and bridges are possible.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Areas along and south of I-94 stand the best chance of seeing measurable ice accumulation, but still under a tenth of an inch.
Slow down and use caution while traveling. Prepare for possible power outages.