Posted by The Huron Hub | Friday, Dec. 10, 2021
All of southeast Michigan is under a high wind watch from Saturday morning through Saturday evening.
Here is the warning from the National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac:
High Wind Watch
for Wayne County
Issued by National Weather Service
4:06 AM EST Fri, Dec 10, 2021
…HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING…
- WHAT…Southwest winds around 30 mph with gusts of 50 to 60 mph possible. Winds will become west during the afternoon.
- WHERE…All of southeast Michigan.
- WHEN…From Saturday morning through Saturday evening.
- IMPACTS…Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Power outages are possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The peak winds are expected early Saturday afternoon.
Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates on this situation. Fasten loose objects or shelter objects in a safe location prior to the onset of winds.