Posted by The Huron Hub | Monday, Feb. 15, 2020 – 10:50 AM EST
A winter storm warning has been issued for southeast Michigan through Tuesday at noon.
5 to 9 inches of snow is forecasted for Monday night through Tuesday afternoon.
Here is the warning from the National Weather Service in Detroit:
Winter Storm Warning
for Wayne County
Issued by National Weather Service
10:10 AM EST Mon, Feb 15, 2021
…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON EST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches.
* WHERE…St. Clair, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Wayne, Lenawee and Monroe Counties.
* WHEN…From 6 PM this evening to noon EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening and especially the Tuesday morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow reintensifies toward 6 pm this evening. Snow becomes heavy at times tonight with an additional 6 to 9 inches expected before diminishing Tuesday morning. Highest snowfall totals expected from the Lake Huron shoreline southward through metro Detroit, Ann Arbor and near the Ohio border.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Slow down and use caution while traveling