By Scott Bolthouse The Huron Hub – Nov. 12, 2020 ScottBolthouse@HuronHub.com
A car backfired and caused a pole barn to catch fire in Huron Township on Monday.
At 1:41p.m., a 911 call came in from a resident in the 32000 block of Sibley Road. The caller reported a large fire inside a pole barn unattached to his home. The garage housed multiple classic cars.
“The cause of the fire was determined as accidental. The homeowner reported attempting to start a vehicle inside his garage. The vehicle backfired and sparked the fire. We are thankful he is ok,” said Everette Robbins, director of public safety.
The homeowner was treated by Huron Valley Ambulance for minor injuries.
Sibley Road was closed between Vining and Merriman for several hours as the fire was extinguished.