Car backfires and causes pole barn to catch fire in Huron Township on Monday


By Scott Bolthouse
The Huron Hub – Nov. 12, 2020
ScottBolthouse@HuronHub.com

A car backfired and caused a pole barn to catch fire in Huron Township on Monday.

At 1:41p.m., a 911 call came in from a resident in the 32000 block of Sibley Road. The caller reported a large fire inside a pole barn unattached to his home. The garage housed multiple classic cars.

“The cause of the fire was determined as accidental. The homeowner reported attempting to start a vehicle inside his garage. The vehicle backfired and sparked the fire. We are thankful he is ok,” said Everette Robbins, director of public safety.

The homeowner was treated by Huron Valley Ambulance for minor injuries.

Sibley Road was closed between Vining and Merriman for several hours as the fire was extinguished.


 

Comment here

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.