Posted by The Huron Hub April 21, 2020 Local school news
The Huron School District has opened their application process for school of choice for next school year.
Applications can be downloaded and printed here: huronschools.org/district_info/school_of_choice.
The district is also working on making a virtual sign-up form available soon.
Here is some important Information about school of choice in Huron School District per the district’s website:
- Applications will only be accepted between Monday, May 4, 2020 and Friday, May 15, 2020 and will be available at the Administration building or may be printed from the website www.huronschools.org. Incomplete information will not be accepted and will automatically be disqualified.
- If they receive more applications than openings for each grade level, a random lottery will be held.
- Applications of students who have been suspended or expelled within the past two school years will automatically disqualify your student’s application.
- A copy of the student’s last report card which shows attendance and grades, must be turned in with all applications for grades 1 through 8.
- If you are applying for a vacancy in grades 6-12 you must have the “Affirmation of Prior Discipline” form signed by you, your student and the student’s current building principal to accompany their application.
- If you are applying for grades 9-12 you student must have earned enough credits to be at the grade level that they are applying for. An unofficial transcript and a copy of their last report card which shows attendance must accompany their application.
- If you are applying for grades 9-12, please know that an incoming freshman are eligible to play athletics for Huron. 10-12th graders may be penalized from participating in athletics for a period of time. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact your current athletic director, or you may contact the Huron School District Athletic Director, Martin Salazar, at 734-783-0324.
- Completed applications and all documentation must be mailed in to the address listed above or emailed to: email@example.com no later than May 15, 2020. Anything that is received or post-marked after this date will be disqualified.