Waltz Road Bridge construction contract awarded to Toebe Construction, LLC of Wixom

By Scott BolthouseHub Editor—ScottBolthouse@HuronHub.com

There is new hope that the Waltz Road Bridge construction project will be starting soon.

On Thursday, the Wayne County Board of Commissioners approved a construction contract between Wayne County and Toebe Construction, LLC of Wixom, to reconstruct the Waltz Road Bridge.

The bridge has been closed for over a year.

“Huron Township Supervisor David Glaab credits Wayne County Commissioner Al Haidous for keeping this crucial project on track and on time,” a statement from the supervisor’s office said.

“The reopening of the Waltz Road Bridge has been and continues to be our number one priority as it is critical to both our residents and business owners alike.”

According to the statement, Glaab anticipates that equipment will be on site in a matter of days to begin demolition of the old bridge.

Glaab reminded residents to refer to the township website for further updates.

According to Toebe Construction’s website, the company has been building the transportation infrastructure that supports the economies of Michigan and Ontario since 1922.

Check back with The Huron Hub for further updates on this story

Previously published related articles:

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Waltz Road Bridge construction contract awarded to Toebe Construction, LLC of Wixom

  1. **

    The closing of this bridge for over a year and Glaab thinks this is a priority?? The small town has lost business for over a year. It’s about time it be fixed!

    Reply
    1. Gary

      Sounds like it’s time for a change at the top. I saw them try to steal the old New Boston Auto building from Bill then actually buy it only to let it sit there doing nothing. Another waste of tax payer money. That village needs new blood at the top. If you don’t have a business that relies on road traffic he doesn’t seem to care. Law offices don’t rely on visitors.

      Reply
  2. Robert Cortese

    Over a year and we still have no bridge.Local businesses have suffered .Local residents have suffered.Mr Glabb credits Mr Haidous for keeping bridge replacement on track and on time.Not sure why he thinks no new bridge for a year and counting is being on track and on time.Those of us who live on the south side of the river have had to use longer detour routes to get to the center of New Boston.School buses have had to take the longer detour routes to transport children back and forth from school.I would imagine the extra fuel costs for the longer detour routes will be paid for by the taxpayers.School buses transport children via I 275 as opposed to surface roads because of the closed bridge.Even with the best bus drivers in the world the potential for a serious accident on a freeway at rush hour at high speeds would seem much more likely than when our school buses travelled over surface roads. At far lower speeds.
    Businesses have suffered for over a year.Ask the owner of the Coney Island restaurant as ?Mr Haidous did.Ask the wonderful lady who operates the ice cream shop on the corner who told me with tears in her eyes last year that her business had suffered so much she was going to shorten her stores season by many days because of lost business.
    Yes Mr Glabb should be very proud of the fine job of the bridge being on track and on time.Shane Shame Shame ,

    Reply

Comment here

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.