Editor’s note: As the primary and general elections draw near, the residents in Huron Township would like to hear more about each candidate that is running for office or reelection.
Any person running in Huron is invited to use The Huron Hub as a platform to get their voice heard.
If you’re a candidate running for office, submit your proposal to:
Readers can access previously published candidate letters HERE.
ABOUT BOB HOWEY
- Resident of Trenton
- Downriver resident 45 years
- Married – 4 children ages 9-17
- Member- St. Joseph Church
- Trenton HS Graduate
- Lawrence Institute of Technology- BS Degree in Architecture
- Business Owner, R.J.Howey, Inc., Architects, MasterCraftsman, LLC, CustomBuilder
- City of Trenton Councilperson (2nd Term)
- Brownfield Re-Development Authority
- City of Trenton Representative- SEMCOG
- Past Chairman Trenton DDA- 8 years
- President-Trenton Rotary Club
- Member- Trenton Business Association
- Member- NRA
- Michigan Amateur Hockey Association (MAHA)- District 2 Director
- Past Chairman- MAHA District 2 (Wayne & Monroe County)
- Past President- Trenton Hockey Association (THA)
This is an important election year for the 23rd State House District. Due to term limits, our current State Representative is not eligible to seek re-election. My name is BOB HOWEY and I am a candidate for State Representative. Given today’s political climate, you deserve a State Representative who will listen, give you honest and straight-forward answers, and will genuinely represent the interests of his constituents regardless of what may be politically correct.
As your State Representative, I will be committed to addressing the following priorities:
- Increase job opportunities and economic development
- Continuing to foster a competitive business environment
- Expanding the tax base for all of our communities to ensure adequate police/fire services and infrastructure projects
- Addressing our funding formula for education and focusing on increased student achievement
- Holding state government accountable by ensuring your tax dollars are investedeffectively and efficientlyI promise to work tirelessly to deliver results for the hardworking taxpayers of our state. I have the character, integrity, and leadership experience necessary to continue to move Michigan forward. It would be an honor and a privilege to serve as your State Representative. I welcome your support and hope to earn your vote!
The ONLY candidate endorsed by Michigan Right to Life — other endorsements include the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, Michigan Retailers Association, Great Lakes Education Project, Associated Building Contractors, Michigan Corn Growers, Detroit News, National Association of Gun Rights and the Stamp of Approval from the Small Business Association of Michigan.