Wayne County Parks is hosting ‘Family Fishing Fun Day,’ a day of fishing and fun for the entire family to enjoy at Crosswinds Marsh located at 27600 Haggerty Road on Saturday, June 11 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Bring the family to Crosswinds Marsh and enjoy a day filled with fun and free fishing. Participants will have an opportunity to tackle tying as well as learn casting techniques. Prizes will be awarded to kids 17 and under for the biggest fish caught. The age groups are 0-5, 6-11 and 12-17 years of age. If there is a tie for the biggest fish caught, the tiebreaker will be the most fish caught. As a part of the Department of Natural Resources’ Free Fishing Weekend, fishing licenses are NOT required for this event. Fishing Poles and bait will be provided.
This program is recommended for all ages and is FREE to all participants. In the event of inclement weather, such as heavy storms and rain, the program will be cancelled Participants can call 734.654.1220 for additional information about this event.
Directions to Crosswinds:
From the South
- Take Interstate 275 N to Will- Carleton Road (exit #8).
- Take Will Carleton Road west 3 1⁄2 miles to Haggerty Road
- Take Haggerty Road 1⁄2 mile north (right) to park entrance on the west (left) side of theroad
From the North
- Take Interstate 275 S Will-Carleton Road (exit #8).
- Take Will Carleton Road west 3 1⁄2 miles Haggerty Road
- Take Haggerty Road 1⁄2 mile north (right) to park entrance on the west (Left) side of the road
Source: Wayne County Parks